In January of 2014, I was in China with my whole family to get some rest because my parents are there. My younger brother is in Hong Kong. Therefore, it was so valuable time for me that my whole family members were gathered together. But suddenly, some kind of anxiety came into my head. Yes, it was because I realized that this year of 2014 is my last year as an university student. Then, I changed the date of my air ticket. I came back to Korea two weeks earlier than the scheduled date to outline my plan of this year. As soon as I came back to Korea, I bought a schedule diary and wrote three things in front of my page that I want to get this year; health, independence, and the future.
Last year, my parents moved to China and I was left in Korea alone. At first, actually it was little bit comfortable because I do not have to go home early. But it did not last long. For the reason that I ate to many carry-out foods, I lost my health. I felt tired easily and lived with flu every season. Therefore, I decided to take an action to recover my health. After I came to Korea, I try not to eat delivered-food. Instead, I cook for myself, even though it is very tiresome work. But I finally realized that this is the best way to recover my health.
And also I want to foster my independence. As for myself, the year of 2013 was filled with farewells. Because my parents went to China, and also my boyfriend joined the army. After they left, I found that they gave me huge moral supports. Every time I have difficulty in somewhere, it was very tough for me that there is no person to rely on easily. So, from this year of 2014, I will try my best to become an independent person. One way not to rely on others is that to write down a diary. Instead of talking to others, I wrote a diary every night honestly. I think it is very effective to reflect on myself and also to become a little bit independent.
Finally, the most important task this year for me is to decide what to do in the future. Now I have two options. First is to go to graduate school in Hong Kong and get a job there. The other is to go to graduate school in this same university to study more about my major, Spanish. Like everyone, what to do for my future is very important and also tough to choose. So, after contemplating seriously this year, I will decide what to do between those two options and I hope I do make any regrettable mistake with this choice.
Already three months have passed this year. But I don't think it is too late. My motto is that 'there is no tomorrow better than today', which means I want to spend my everyday diligently that I can satisfy before I go to bed. As I did my best last year, I hope I will do my best every day in this year of 2014 and achieve my three main goals.
To DAHYUN YANG
ReplyDeleteFrom JISUK LEE
Assignment #1_2014
1. What I like about this piece of writing is:
This writing has well-organized 5 paragraphs, so it's easy to read and catch up waht you'd like to talk about.
2. Your main point seems to be:
3 things that you want to get in 2014
3. These particular words or lines struck me as powerful:
My motto is that 'there is no tomorrow better than today', which means I want to spend my everyday diligently that I can satisfy before I go to bed.
I like them because: It's good to use the phrase that clealy show what you want to talk about. I could understand easily what you're getting at.
4. Some things aren't clear to me. These lines or parts could be improved:
and I hope I do make any regrettable mistake with this choice.
you mean, you don't want to make any regrettable mistake, right?
5. The one change you could make that would make the biggest improvement in this piece of writing is:
as I told you, this essay is well-organized, but it would be better if you clearly state again in the conclusion paragraph what the three goals are.