Monday, March 17, 2014

Why I hate 2014-강유리/2014/Tuesday 9:00

           Have you ever experienced a great pressure you’ve never known, but knew that you could not escape? To me, I am in that situation now, 2014. That is because I became a Senior and I don’t really know what I want to do in future. For these reasons, I am expecting 2014 to be a pretty hard year for me.

             First of all, 2014 would be a harsh year for me because I became a senior. In Korea, people often call the senior the year of death. It is not only because the number 4 means death in Chinese character, but also because many students go under great pressure. That includes the pressure of deciding your career, making work experience, and consequently getting a job. Since it is really difficult to get a job in Korea, senior year is when you realize that you are no different with others, and just plain.

             Moreover, I am expecting this year to be difficult, because of the fact that I do not really know what I really want to do. I really envy people who have a dream, know what way they should go, and make effort in that direction. However, I always just did what I was told to do. That is eventually making me have a hard time making decisions. Nobody tells you what you should do, you have to do things by yourself.

             I am not really happy with the year ‘2014’, due to the fact that I am about to graduate but I do not know what I want to do in the future. However, as I always did I will have to believe myself. When I could really believe in myself, I would make my own way to overcome these challenges, and maybe 2014 would turn into my favorite year!

1 comment:

  1. 1. What I like about this piece of writing is that it is about a topic that a lot of people can relate to.
    2. Your main point seems to be that you will be facing many challenges as a college senior this year.
    3. The most interesting line was In Korea, people often call the senior the year of death. It personally had the most impact on me.
    4. There weren't any parts that were confusing.
    5. One thing that would be nice to add is the specific method as to how you're going to overcome this problem.

    ReplyDelete