Wake up! Stupid
Three days ago, when I finished all the classes and on my way home, exhausted and blank-minded, one staff of the university who was doing some school advertisement project in the campus went to me and gave me a notebook-"Hufs 2014 Plan Book". Like a study robot awakened by a piece of amazing jazz riff, I realized it was a new year and time to find a new me who would have a colorful life in 2014. Exhibiting all the 2013 stuff on my mind, there's one more thing I should do before saying goodbye-evaluate and reflect. Thinking over and over, I got three points of realization which can be also taken as my new objectives.
Be smarter. I thought I did really try hard at the last semester, staying up late to finish assignments, checking all the new English words on the dictionary, classifying in-class notes again and again, labeling different subjects clearly. However, these kinds of hardworking didn't bring me a good outcome at the end. My grades even fell behind a friend who didn't take study as a serious thing. Why? "Getting a good grade is such an easy thing, you just need to go to class on time and finish all the assignments." That's the answer my friend told me. Let me just be honest to myself. I often procrastinated, that's the reason why I stayed late to complete assignments, which also made me late on the morning class. I did checking words one by one, but I forgot to memorize them. I labeled notebook perfectly, but that's just not necessary. Oh god! I was so stupid, I really should be smarter to get A+ in 2014. How? Just do the right thing, not lie to myself, telling that I am doing perfectly.
The next reflection is a plan on my life. As a senior, it's time to change the income source, from my parents into earning by myself. I remembered somebody said twenties is full of confusion, moreover, as a almost graduate, living a stressful life, it seems 2014 will be year difficult to breath. I should know it is a period anyone will entry, also, most will survive and live a better life. Try to use my advantages to get money, for example, as a Chinese who is speaking English and Korean, translation and interpretation are what I can do as part-time-job. Hey, stupid, don't stay at home, worrying your future. Remember if you want, you can.
At last, I tell myself to learn how to give up in 2014. Sometimes, giving up can make things clearer and you will see what you really want. I always believed my future is full of possibilities but didn't realize all the possibilities just made me lose my way. This time, the stupid me made the objective clear and hopeful. Yes! My future does have various possibilities, but I will only choose one and try hard. That's a way to success easily, isn't it?
2014, time to say goodbye to the stupid, wake up!
No comments:
Post a Comment