Not Greece, not France. Germany has emerged as a new leader in the field of tourism. Many people who have been already in that country are surprised by potentialities for tourism; most of German people can speak in English, streets are clean, cities are full of cultural inheritance and more. I want to introduce different sides of Germany to others as a tour guide and I think I can succeed in this profession with following abilities.
The most important technical skill needed is a language; either English or German. In order to organize a tour schedule, make a reservation for restaurants and accommodations, and learn about historical sites enough to explain, tour guides should be able to speak English or a local language. I major in German and English so that I will learn their business language quickly. Then, it will be also easy to keep contact not only with German tourist bureaus but also with other local organizations.
The second advantage is that I am "computer-friendly". I am an active SNS-user. With the help of the Internet, I search the trend of consumers. I can get new information of good and inexpensive accommodations and even advertise my portfolios on the blog or Facebook. Moreover, I am accustomed to use lots of computer applications.
Thirdly, it will surely help me to succeed as a tour guide that I am good at organizing schedules within a budget of time and money. Since I came from Busan, Seoul seemed to be full of things for sightseeing. It was exactly the same when I first arrived in Germany. However, as a student I had to spend time and money efficiently. After several failures, I have got some tips based on my experiences. I am ready to make a special plan appropriate for tourists' occasions.
To sum up, I am a potential successful travel guide with both proper technical and essential skills.
From Jisuk Rhee
ReplyDeleteTo Yuseong Eum
1. What I like in your writing is that I can feel your confidence for your dream job.
2. Your main point seems to be that you are a qualified person for a tour guide in Germany because you got the language skills, are computer-friendly and good at organizing schedules within a budget of time and money.
3.These particular words or lines struck me as powerful:
. After several failures, I have got some tips based on my experiences.
> I can trust you because you explained how you got the organizing skills based on your own experiences.
4. All of your sentences are clear to me.
5. The one change you could make that would make the biggest improvement in this piece of writing is:
It would be better if you add some more sentences in the second body paragraph and the conclusion part. I’m taking another writing class, and the professor stressed that one paragraph should have at least 5 sentences to become a well-organized writing.
Thank you!