Monday, June 2, 2014

Youngkyung Ko/ Dream job/ Tues 9 AM

I Am Not Ready

 

Not only 21st century but modern society, a structure of the educational system is unsuitable to people to achieve their dream, especially their dream job. I was also a scapegoat of this unsuitable structure of the educational system. I did not follow my own way of dream but follow other one's way; parents', teachers' and other elders' way who has lived much longer than me. In some of the reason, I think that I am not qualified for my dream job now.

 First, I am not following my own way of dream. As I mentioned at the very first, I was the scapegoat of the educational system in modern society where every student received standardized education. Everybody compete each other to get the highest score in SAT(Scholastic Ability Test) and make an enormous effort to enter a university only seeing a name value, a sign of university and popularity of the major, not their own aptitude. This kind of reality is also relevant to my case. I have an aptitude for art and design. I knew that I have that kind of aptitude when I was in elementary and middle school. So my dream was originally the owner of my own brand shop. But when I entered the high school, where is the society of limitless competition, I had my eyes opened to the stern realities of life, the educational background. My parents and teacher and other elders said that if I had not good educational background, I would be ignored and not become successful. That means, I would be a "loser". So, at that time even I really wanted to enter the art and design school, I set aside my dream for the moment and devoted myself to the standardized study to get the highest score on SAT, not to become a loser. I invested extra years to get the good educational background and finally entered Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, major in English Interpretation and Translation which has nothing to do with my original dream. I lived other one's life. My parents' and other elders'. I did not pioneer my own way of life. I did not challenge realities and did not bend the rules. This is fundamental reason that I am not qualified for my dream job now.

 But I think the fact that I am not qualified for my dream job based upon the reason that I mentioned previously is just confined to status quo. I think I can achieve my dream, especially my dream job in infinite ways. One of the ways is that make the best use of my majors, my first and second majors and collaborate them with my aptitude area, in my case art and design. That means that use knowledge of my second major in business administration and accounting and add to this, my passion and interest in art and design. I think this collaboration would be the foundation stone of achievement my dream that I could be qualified a step high upper to my dream job future.

 In conclusion, even the structure of modern society force students follow the standardized educational system to acquire better score in SAT and better educational background, it is most important to know own personal aptitude. Even realities prevent the direct process to the achievement of dreams, we have to harden our heart and keep searching and concentrating our original goals among infinite ways to achieve the dream, a dream job.

2 comments:

  1. It was good writing. and I also agree to some of your sentence like people's aptitude is more important than the SAT.
    But you should have now the it is basic to make you suit into 3 body paragraph. Also your paragraphs are not balanced. The first body paragraph is too long to read. Also there is hard to understand some of the points. at body paragraph 2, you are talking about yourself but in conclusion, you are talking about general students. From the beginning it looks like that you are writing about yourself so it would be better if you focus on your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #Draft2/ I Am Not Ready

    Not only 21st century but modern society, a structure of the educational system is unsuitable to people to achieve their dream, especially their dream job. I was also a scapegoat of this unsuitable structure of the educational system. I did not follow my own way of dream but follow other one’s way; parents’, teachers’ and other elders’ who has lived much longer than me. In some of the reasons, I think that I am not qualified for my dream job now.

    First, I am not following my own way of dream. As I mentioned at the very first, I was the scapegoat of the educational system in modern society where every student were forced standardized education. Everybody compete each other to get the highest score in SAT and make an enormous effort to enter a university only seeing a sign of university and popularity of the major, not their own aptitude. This kind of reality was also relevant to my case.

    I have an aptitude for art and design, drawing and designing clothes, like patterns. I knew that I have that kind of aptitude when I was in elementary and middle school. So my dream was originally the owner of my own brand shop precisely, apparels. But when I entered the high school, where is the society of limitless competition, I had my eyes opened to the stern realities of life that every elder around me always told me, the educational background. My parents and teacher and other elders said that if I had not good educational background, I would be ignored when I become a member of society and not become successful. That means, I would be a “loser”. So, at that time even I really wanted to enter the art and design school, I set aside my dream for the moment and devoted myself to the standardized study to get the highest score on SAT and enter the most popular major, not to become a loser. I invested extra years to get the good educational background and finally entered HUFS, major in English Interpretation and Translation which has nothing to do with my original dream. I lived other one’s life. My parents’ and other elders’. I did not pioneer my own way of life. I did not challenge realities and did not bend the rules. This is fundamental reason that I am not qualified for my dream job now.

    But I think the fact that I am not qualified for my dream job based upon the reason that I mentioned previously is just confined to status quo. I think I can achieve my dream, especially my dream job in infinite ways from now on. One of the ways is that make the best use of my majors, my first and second majors and collaborate them with my aptitude area, in my case art and design. That means that use knowledge of my second major in business administration and accounting and add to this, my passion and interest in art and design. I think this collaboration would be the foundation stone of achievement my dream that design my own garments and manage my own brand shop. I could be qualified a step high upper to my dream job future.

    In conclusion, even the structure of modern society forces students to follow the standardized educational system to acquire better score in SAT and better educational background, it is most important to know own personal aptitude. Even realities prevent the direct process to the achievement of dreams we have to steel our heart. We have to keep searching and concentrating our original goals in infinite ways to achieve the dream, a dream job.

    ReplyDelete