Born to be an accountant
I'm not a rich man. However, the only thing I can sure that I had more than others is the occupations I had dreamed of. I wanted to be a pilot, a police man, and a teacher. And it changed to a journalist, then a programmer and it was followed by a translator that decided my major in HUFS. People say having a dream is blissful but it wasn't for me because I had not chosen what I really wanted to be until recent times. And finally, my failures and experiences helped me figure out what I should be at last: an accountant.
Basically accountant is a profession dealing with numbers and mathematics was one of my favorite classes in high school because the answer is invariable unless the given condition is changed. I love the consistency and clarity and that was why I felt that the numbers on the textbook filled me with excitement when my first accounting class started.
Similarly to math, I love organizing data in a logical sequence. As I mentioned earlier, I liked programming and considered programmer for my future job because it was fascinating to get the answer with my own setup and algorithm. I don't study programming anymore but still love unpacking a system and make a calculator of my own from the result induced so I can understand status quo and predict how it will end. This process is extremely similar to that of Accounting.
Lastly, I enjoy analyzing collected information and sharing its output. When I was young, I joined a web community and used to post strategies of some computer games I found by myself. It sometimes took several weeks to finish a single post because I had to take countless screenshots and even make videos to maximize information delivery. To me, however, it was a delightful pain I would take. The website is closed long ago but I couldn't stop sharing my knowledge with others so I continued to answer for those who need my help on other websites. Likewise, auditing and notifying my opinion as an accounting expert will be a nice way of satisfying my desire.
I've been wondering for so long not knowing what I really want to do or want to be and it was like a miracle for me to take an accounting class. However the clues were always inside me; I just didn't take them seriously. I was a boy who loved playing with numbers, organizing material in a logical process, and sharing analyzed data. And those traits are showing that I'm the right one readied for a career in Accounting.
No comments:
Post a Comment