Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Step to step to become a translator

201300058 EIT Kang Yoonhae

 

           My dream job is becoming a translator. Specifically, I want to translate English literatures to a Korean language. This is because I'm a big fan of English literatures such as the adventures of Tom sawyer. In addition, I'm a good Korean writer and majoring translation at EIT department of HUFS. For those reasons, I'm very qualified to my dream job: an English literature translator.

           Firstly, I really love English literatures. There are so many interesting novels that are written in English. As a translator I can have a chance of fast contact with reading variety kinds of the newest English literatures.  In addition, I can do the work as well as enjoy my hobby. Moreover, my efficiency of working will highly increase because I love my work.

           Secondly, I'm a qualified Korean writer. I got several awards from Korean writing contest and even though I didn't learned professional writing. I am thinking of entering an institute that teaches writing during vacation to increase my writing skills. Translation, especially in literature field highly requires good ability of Korean writing because the translator has to translate words preserving every meaning that the original writer tried to convey.

           Lastly, I'm now majoring English interpretation and translation at HUFS. The highly qualified course of HUFS really helps me to develop my talent in translation. I can do lots of practices of translation under lead of professional translators. I'm really enjoying myself at this department and now growing as a future professional literature translator.

           Becoming an English literature translator is my dream job. Even today, I'm progressing step to step to obtain my dream. I'm qualified to become a translator as I'm now majoring in English interpretation and translation which means I'm learning about translation more professionally more than any other people in same age. In addition, as a good Korean writer and my sincere love to English literature, I believe I'm qualified as a translator who specified in English literatures.

2 comments:

  1. From Jisuk Rhee
    To Yoonhae Kang

    1. What I like in your writing is that you presented the reasons for your qualification with a pretty believable explanations.

    2. Your main point seems to be that you are a qualified translator because you are a big fan of English literature, talented Korean writer and majoring in EIT.

    3. These particular words or lines struck me as powerful:

    . I got several awards from Korean writing contest and even though I didn't learned professional writing.

    >There is no better way to show your ability than a certificate or an award. I see that you are talented enough to become a literature translator.

    4. All of your sentences are clear to me.

    5. The one change you could make that would make the biggest improvement in this piece of writing is:

    Your writing is well-organized and has credible explanations for your qualification. But the introduction part is not that interesting. It would be better if you add some nice hook to catch readers’ attention!

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I qualified to become a translator?

      201300058 Kang Yoonhae

      Have you ever wondered who helps you to understand all the curious, interesting books that is written by foreign writers? My dream is very close to that question. My dream job is becoming a translator. Specifically, I want to translate English literatures to a Korean language. This is because I'm a big fan of English literatures such as the adventures of Tom sawyer. In addition, I'm a good Korean writer and majoring translation at EIT department of HUFS. For those reasons, I'm very qualified to my dream job: an English literature translator.
      Firstly, I really love English literatures. There are so many interesting novels that are written in English such as Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austin. As I am a translator I can have a chance of fastest contact with reading variety kinds of the newest English literatures such as new serious of Dan Brown. It is a very delightful chance for eager readers to have a fast contact with the book that they love. Therefore I can enjoy myself during working. Moreover, my efficiency of working will highly increase because I love my work.
      Secondly, I'm a qualified Korean writer. I got several awards from Korean writing contest during my high school even though I didn’t learn professional writings. I believe I can upgrade myself in Korean writing after entering an institute that teaches writing during vacation to increase my writing skills. Translation, especially in literature field highly requires good ability of Korean writing because the translator has to translate words preserving every meaning that the original writer tried to convey.
      Lastly, I'm now majoring English interpretation and translation at HUFS. It is very well known school for teaching English translation and interpretation. The highly qualified course of HUFS really helps me to develop my talent in translation. I can do lots of practices of translation under lead of professional translators. In addition, there are some specific courses for students who want to learn about literature translation. In that course, I can learn about cautions and points I have to aware during translating literatures. I'm really enjoying myself at this department and now growing as a future professional literature translator.
      Becoming an English literature translator is my dream job. Even today, I'm progressing step to step to obtain my dream. I'm qualified to become a translator as I'm now majoring in English interpretation and translation which means I'm learning about translation more professionally more than any other people in same age. In addition, as a good Korean writer and my sincere love to English literature, I believe I'm qualified as a translator who specified in English literatures.

      Delete