Critical Period, Indifferent Teacher
We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. There was this one teacher who taught Japanese, Mr. J, and he was the worst teacher of my life. He became our homeroom teacher when I was in grade 12. At first, I was really excited because Andrew, a close senior of mine, told me that he was an excellent teacher. However, it turned out to be a disaster.
First, he repeated the same material over and over again for 6 hours a week. Mr. J had a weird monotone voice that made everyone fall asleep. This never motivated students, and about 30 out of 40 students dozed off in Mr. J's class. Then there was a counselling session in March. It was really important because it was the time to analyze current exam results and make plans for college. I went to the office at the appointed time, but he was not there. Later, I found out that he was watching a soccer match with the other teachers in the faculty room. Mr. J said, "The game is already in the second half. Why don't you wait until it is over?" About an hour later, I revisited the office. This time, Mr. J was in the office, but he smelled like a person who has been smoking in a closed room for hours. His clothes, his hair and his breath literally stunk. Worst of all, he gave the lamest advice ever. "I know preparing for Suneung is hard. But I know you will do well. Just remember to keep your pace", he told me. I knew how to keep my pace. I made an appointment because I was worried about what college to apply to, not because I wanted to hear some cliché encouragement. That night, my classmates told me that Mr. J gave the exact same advice to the whole class.
Thanks to his "kind" guidance, I had to take the college entrance exam one more time. Mr. J paid no attention to his class. I honestly think that a person like him should never be a high school senior homeroom teacher.
It was interesting. You wrote subtitle and it was helpful to read. But it would be much better if you change few things. First, you didn't divide body into 3 part. We supposed to write 5 paragraph writing, so I think you should change this. Also please double space when starting a paragraph. I love your wriiting that you wrote about your worst teacher and I agree to your opinion about 'person like him should never be a high school senior homeroom teacher' because I also experienced such kind of teacher.
ReplyDelete