One Memorable Teacher
201003120 Seong-hwa Jeong
In my 12 years as a school student, from an elementary school to a high school, I met more than 50 teachers. Many of them are quiet enthusiastic teachers to teach me and my classmates, but some are weird or literally bad teachers. Above all, I can remember my last homeroom teacher. Since it was my senior year of high school and I was a class president, I have more chances to communicate with my teacher. Honestly, in my opinion, he was not a 100% good teacher but not a bad teacher. He has an unusual thinking and excessive pride. Let me tell you more about these two facts.
First, his philosophy for education was not that ordinary-interestingly, he was a philosophy teacher. For example, the whole senior high school students should do the "self" night study in the school. The school strictly banned arbitrary absence for the study, but my teacher said "If you want to go, do not be found by other teachers or supervisor. Make it lies in the dark side." This is kind of revolutionary comment to the seniors. Whatever the reasons are, the night study is officially recommended stuff. But my teacher tacitly tolerate absence. This tolerance was not always happened but he often overlook my and friends' tiny deviations.
Second, he was over-confident about his son. He has a son whose age is same as me. Therefore, every results from mock test for Soo-neung was a comparison target between my class and him, even he was not a student of my high school. Actually he usually got a better grade than me and the top student of my class. It was okay that just say his son's well performance, but comparison itself was incomprehensible to me. We, as a senior high school students, had gotten enough stress from our results and circumstance but the HR teacher boasted his son every time before his student with his son's doing. My classmates hated teacher's this part. He was not a bad teacher but this one thing made him not a good teacher. We were already sick of the comparison by the score of the test.
Although he had both good and unfavorable sides, he is a contributor who made me enter this department, not a Spanish that I first wanted to enter. The process was not that simple but now I'm thankful for his devotional work for me and the class. For it was the most annoying and interesting time in my life, I won't forget the time, my classmates, and my teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment