Curiosity to Follow
There was a teacher when I was in middle school. I didn't know what to do or what I wanted to be at that time. But Ms. Lee who was my teacher in 9th grade told me about how she became a teacher. She didn't know what she wanted when she was in high school just like me. But she didn't let herself down to become nobody. So even though she didn't know what to do, she just studied whatever she was interested in. She told me to follow my curiosity to find my dream. At the time, I didn't know what that meant. However, after a year of following my curiosity, I went to US for an exchange student just to fulfill my curiosity about American life. After my exchange student year, I did find what I wanted to be with English skills and social skills. I wanted to spread Korean culture as a diplomat in private areas. My dream job changed since then. Also, my studying habits and works are totally different from when I was in middle school. What she told me about following my curiosity changed my life and changing my life even now. When I don't know what to do these days, I just look for interesting works to do which are in various areas. I might change my dream according to what I do from now on. But I won't change my motto which is "follow your curiosity". This motto made me who I am today.
No comments:
Post a Comment