Saturday, May 31, 2014

Jeong Seong-hwa / p.131 / Tues. 9-11AM

Hope to Enter a Software Company

20100312 Jeong Seong-hwa

             Everyday computer industry has been grown and more human resources for the industry are needed. It contains engineer, developer, marketer, and else. Combining this keep-growing situation and my abilities, I realize that I want to work in a software company, specifically deals with games. Koreans are already well-known as the top game-play race all over the world. Some people call Korea as the Republic of Game. Behind this enormous fame, there are lots of game companies' endeavors. I want to be one of them not only for the game industry but also whole Korean software industry. Because I think I'm qualified for the job with having these abilities: English, familiarity, and communication.

             Most of all, I need to utilize my English degree when I find a job. In the global community, English is official language for every business. I will earn a bachelor's degree of English Interpretation and Translation and through this skill, I can serve my corporation to enlarge its service area globally. Plus, terminology of computer has a lot of English-based words. Even I don't have scientific ability to treat a computer, I can easily understand the terms. This countervails my lack of engineering knowledge. At least, I could be used as a translator of the company.

             Next, companies want to hire their workers who know the industry well and are familiar with the work conditions. Familiarity with computer is my best ability. I met my first computer in 1998 and up to this day, I work and walk with the computer. Also, most time with the computer consists of games. Additionally, I can handle the components of computer. For enhancing my computer's performance, sometimes I exchange the components like hard drive, graphic card, and CPU by myself. This familiarity is a huge merit for the company. In short, I know the "ecosystem" of computer.

             Last, I have a good communication skill. Eventually, all business is one form of communication. If a company has a lot of technology but has no ability to communicate with their customers or buyers, it cannot be a worldwide one. Internally and exteriorly, communication is an important skill. My minor major is media communication. I know how it happens and works in reality. I would be a salesperson or a worker in the department that deals the communication system in the software company. Anything is suitable to me. By this capability, I can make my work site well-connected like the Internet system.

             Consequently, again, I'm a qualified for the job in the software company. My English skill, familiarity, and communication skill will be very helpful to my employer. It is not that long since I set my dream job so I should develop more skills and abilities for my wishful occupation. If I enter a software company, I will make a great program that touches lots of users as well as enhance the nation's position. For that is my dream job and through it, I desire to serve my community and nation.

3 comments:

  1. to: JEONG Seonghwa
    from: KIM Hayoon

    1.yes it does.
    2.You want to enter a software company and you are the right person for the job because of your English, communication and familiarity.
    3.Yes.
    4.Yes.
    5.Yes.
    6. I don't understand what you mean by 'minor major is media communication.' Were you trying to say that you are double majoring(=second major) in media communication? or your minor is media communication? Clarifying this will make your essay better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very interesting. You write like it is a resume and it was very idea to do so because it make your writing more naturally. You have 5 paragraph, divided into opening, 3 body paragraph, and conclusion.
    But I think the the 3rd paragraph, which you wrote, I work and walk with computer, is that sounds bit strange? It looks like some Korean style writing. Also in the opening paragraph, you said you are good at familiartiy, but isn't it familiarity about computers? If you change those of things, your writing will be much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2nd draft

    Computer industry is growing every single day and more human resources for the industry are needed. It contains engineer, developer, marketer, and else. Combining this keep-growing situation and my abilities, I realized that I want to work in a software company, specifically deals with games. Koreans are already well-known as the top game-play race all over the world. Some people call Korea as the Republic of Games. Behind this enormous fame, there have been lots of game companies’ endeavors. I want to be one of them not only for the game industry but also whole Korean software industry. Because I think I’m qualified for the job with having these abilities: English, familiarity, and communication.
    Most of all, I need to utilize my English degree when I find a job. In the global community, English is an official language for every business. I will earn a bachelor’s degree of English Interpretation and Translation, and through this skill I can serve my corporation to enlarge its service area globally. Plus, terminology of computer has a lot of English-based words. Even I don’t have scientific ability to treat a computer, I can easily understand the terms. This countervails my lack of engineering knowledge. At least, I could be used as a translator of the company.
    Next, companies want to hire their workers who know the industry well and are familiar with the work conditions. Familiarity with a computer is my best ability. I met my first computer in 1998. Up to this day I work and deal with the computer. Most part of the usage was games. Additionally, I can handle the components of computer. For enhancing my computer’s performance, sometimes I exchange the components like hard drive, graphic card, and CPU by myself. This familiarity is a huge merit for the company. In short, I know the “ecosystem” of computer.
    Last, I have a good communication skill. Eventually all business is one form of communication. If a company has a lot of technology but has no ability to communicate with their customers or buyers, it cannot be a worldwide or successful one. Internally and exteriorly, for a corporation, communication is an important skill. I minor in media communication. I know how it happens and works in reality. I would be a salesperson or a worker in the department that deals the communication system in the software company and anything is suitable to me. By this capability, I can make my work site well-connected like the Internet system.
    Consequently, I’m a qualified for the job in the software company. My English skill, familiarity, and communication skill will be very helpful to my employer. It is not that long since I set my dream job so I should develop more skills and abilities for my wishful occupation. If I enter a software company, I will make a great program that touches lots of users as well as enhance the nation’s position. For that is my dream job and through it, I desire to serve my community and nation.

    ReplyDelete