Credit Analyst
Credit Analyst is a person who search and analyst one specific company and also related industry. They are needed for every companies to avoid certain risk or invest to proper company. I have done an intern in an analyst and also I am working as an assistant in Credit Analysis and research at my current work place. I am feeling a great interest in being a credit analyst however I do also realize I am not a person who is qualified to this job.
To be a credit analyst, first the most important skill is to have a knowledge in accounting. Being familiar with numbers is very needed for credit analyst. Understanding one company's financial statement is the first step in analyzing. However, as my major is Japanese I did not have a chance to be close with numbers such as mathematics or accounting. Also, since elementary school I was not a student who liked numbers this was the main reason why I chose language as my major. Firstly, my interest and talent is too far to be a potential person in being an analyst.
Secondly, having a critical view is much needed. One of the role of credit analyst is to help the company to avoid such kind of risk. To keep sight of the risk, you have to always have a critical view while researching one company's situation. My biggest strength but also weakness is positive and optimistic thinking. My personality has a very opposite side to be a good analyst.
Lastly, credit analyst is a static job. There is no other collaboration with other people and work independently. They stay in their seat all day long and the only interchange is having a phone call with the client or colleague. A person who has a calm and introvert characteristic will be suitable. Meanwhile, my characteristic is totally dissimilar. I enjoying building relationship and cooperating with other people. I am more energetic and outgoing. This is the last reason why I have less potential to be an analyst.
I am still young and have a possibility to develop my talent and potential. My strong hope to be analyst will lead me to work hard and change myself to be suitable. Studying has no limit in age and talent. Let me not give up and become a person who have a great potential to be a credit analyst. A person who has strong knowledge in numbers with a critical view with a calm and introvert characteristic while working.
Hello this is jinsu Park from your class
ReplyDeleteThank you for the great essay on your ideal job
I had no idea what credit analyst was before i read this article. So it was really helpful for me to know what it is.
you had your own story about math, But it would be better if you have a story or some anecdote about math how you dont like math or how bad your math grade was.
And 2nd body paragraph has no story or any specifics, so it would help more when you add some story in your body paragraphs.
Thanks again for the good essay!