Saturday, May 31, 2014

byungwook Kim/p131/tuesday 9am

truth to be told, 21st century may be the worst era to achieve your hopes and dreams. In response to the series of economic collapse, leading economies over the globe came up with vaccines, but no avail to the already spread epidemic. In this time of darkness, when parents compete with their children over jobs, I have a profound belief that I can succeed as an interpreter for three different reasons.

 

Deciding one's future career based on personal preferences is a highly risky conduct. Rather than following one's passion, he must be aware of his own strengths. Above all, the most required qualification for interpreters is of the full understanding of the language, which is in my case, English. First grad in high school, I took first place in English Competition and English Novel Writing competition. In second grade, fifth place in English Competition and second place in English Vocabulary Competition in third grade. When I was a freshman, I took second place in EIT department. One year later, I went to island Jindo to interpret for Euro Vision. All these facts tell me that I have strength in English which is a crucial aspect of an interpreter.

 

If you are searching for silky sexy lingerie with exquisite design, you visit France. If you are looking for a car that doesn't surrender to a wight of a tank, you go find Germans. When you want to make money out of nothing, you consult Jewish people. The point is, in our subconscious, we already know where to navigate when we need something. In Korea, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies is renowned for its linguistics course. That is the reason why people visit HUFS when they are looking for a human resource who is good at English and another foreign language. This stereotype fixed among the public will give me more chances of becoming a great interpreter because in their subconscious, they already think that I am good at English even when I am not. People will prefer interpreter from EIT department from HUFS to english literature department from Kyunghee University.

 

In conclusion, there are two reasons why I can become a great interpreter. The first one is because throughout my life, my grades have proven that English is one of my greatest strengths. The second reason is because majority of people prefer students from HUFS when they are looking for someone proficient in English.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment